The W.E. Hutton was originally destined to be traveling from Smith's Bluff, TX to Marcus Hook, PA to transport 65,000 barrels of oil. However, it found its final resting spot 3 miles southwest of the Suloide when this tanker was torpedoed on March 9, 1942 by the U-124. It currently lies in 70 feet of water. There is plenty to see of the remains of the ship including: boilers, remains of engine, two bow anchors and a lot of tangled metal. The wildlife found here is generally small fish and some large groupers. This site is visited on a Half Day Charter.
|Date Sunk:||March 9, 1942|
|Sharks:||Sometimes: Sand Tiger and Bull|