This ship was a 170-foot British converted armed-trawler. The Bedfordshire was torpedoed and sunk by the U-558 on May 12, 1942. The body of the ship is scattered in 100 feet of water. The it was discovered by none other than Olympus Dive Center's founder and captain, George Purifoy, and Mike Sheen. What was originally thought to be a rock, George and Mike were greatly surprised to find the 'rock' to actually be the battered down remains of a wreck. Very little of the structure remains intact, however, the steering stand with the British manufacturer's name led to the identification of the wreck. This site is visited on a Full Day Charter.
|Date Sunk:||May 12, 1942|
|Sharks:||Sometimes, Sand Tiger|